Now, I am not a vegan but for a long time, I have not been able to eat anything containing eggs which makes baking difficult....
Then I found this recipe for vegan brownies but I have adopted it a little to include a little jam (obviously! ) and a chocolate ganache topping.
I used a square muffin tin which i greased with some margarine.
- 170g/6oz of self raising flour (use glutenfree if required)
- 2tbsp of cocoa powder
- 170g/6oz caster sugar
- 5tbsp of sunflower oil
- 230ml of unsweetened soy or rice milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Summerfruit & Chia jam
For the ganache i used:
1/2 pack (125ml) of OATLY Creamy oat (or soya cream) available in most supermarkets & 250g of dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C degrees and grease the muffin tin.
2. Mix all the muffin ingredients together until you have a smooth mix. Use an ice cream scooper to fill the muffin tray. This will give you identical muffins.
3. Bake for 25 mins.
4. Place on a cake rack to cool.
While the muffins are cooling down, heat up the oat cream until its nearly boiling and then take it off the heat. Roughly chop the chocolate and pour it into the hot oat cream. Stir gently until the chocolate has fully melted and you have a smooth ganache. Let it cool to room temperature.
Take a nice and cut a little hole in each muffin and fill with a teaspoon of Summerfruit & Chia jam.
Once the ganache has cooled a little, pour some over each muffin and then leave it to set either in the fridge (if you are in a hurry) or on the kitchen counter.
I decorate mine with dried raspberries but you could use some chocolate eggs or fresh berries for decoration.